Overview of the Java Developer Boot Camp
Java Developer Boot Camp is a two-week intensive training programme especially relevant to Java beginners who want to experience a real-life product development. During the boot camp the participants become familiar with modern techniques, such a agile, test-driven development and continuous delivery. As a result, they will be able to use these techniques in practise by discovering an example product domain, organise development and creating the product.
Java Developer Boot Camp is an ideal opportunity to quickly bring newly qualified software engineers up to a level of understanding so that they can make a productive contribution in a software development team. Learning new skills in Java development, in addition to using modern techniques in agile software development, means they are well-equipped and confident to take on new challenges. The boot camp is also effective for those who have experience in software development and wish to cross-train to be skilled in Java and agile.
Get in touch
For a private, on-site course for your team get in touch now!
- Introduction to agile principles and practices
- The role of the software developer in product creation
- Using Scrum as a framework for product development
- Simulation of an example, real-world product development
- Test-driven development (TDD) in practice
- Process automation – introduction to continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Use Java language in a real-world product development
- Understand the role of software developers in the business analysis process.
- Increase knowledge about popular Java libraries and frameworks as a result of using them to implement a product domain.
- Use agile as a framework for the product development.
- Understand the idea of continuous integration, continuous deployment and continuous delivery.
Who should attend the Java Developer Boot Camp
The Java Developer Boot Camp is for Java beginners:
- Looking for an opportunity to work in a real product development environment.
- Who are eager, therefore, to understand agile software development.
- Who also want to practice TDD in everyday work.
- Keen to understand the role of continuous delivery in the software development process.