Business Agility – Course Overview
Our business agility training course is a 1 day course which demystifies what it means to be agile, showing how the principles can be turned into simple, practical tools supported by a culture of responsiveness and flexibility.
Agile methods are not new. This course, aimed at non-technical people from any part of a business or organisation, explains how agile principles have been applied by successful organisations for many years. At the core is the premise that the environment in which we operate is ever changing and the pace of change is ever increasing. Those organisation who respond to change in their environment will be those who continue to exist and succeed in the future. It may be an unfair notion that the dinosaurs died out because they failed to respond to change, but it is certainly true of many failed companies over the centuries.
This business agility course is active and allows students to apply the agile principles they need to adopt in their business environment. Attendees work together as a team, using a simulated real-life scenario to illustrate what it is like to deliver products or services of the right quality in a timely way to their customer.
As the individuals form a team they begin to see the power of inspecting their current practices and looking for ways to improve, identifying what better means and how to measure it. By the end of the course, the group of people become one team with a common view of what needs to change in their environment and a set of tasks to achieve it.
- Agile and Lean principles
- History and evolution of the practices
- From single product to mass manufacture
- Applying the principles to the real world
- Vision, mission and outcomes – making it work
- Teams, people and roles
- Tools to support business agility
- Breaking big tasks into smaller ones
- The commercial case for agile
- Putting it into action
At the end of the course, students will:
- Have an understanding of why successful businesses use Lean and agile principles
- Know the skills that individuals and teams need to achieve business agility
- Understand the importance of clear outcomes and a well communicated vision for success
- Understand the role that tools can have in aiding informed decisions, transparency and building trust
- Have clear actions to put in to place to build business agility
For a private, on-site course for your team get in touch now!