Behaviour Driven Development Online Training: Overview
Behaviour Driven Development online training is a special version of our BDD course which has been designed to allow remote or offshore teams to be trained simultaneously, often in different locations and practice collaborating effectively while learning the principles of specifying requirements.
This course is designed to leave delegates more confident in five key areas:
- Defining the problem: Why is it so difficult to communicate requirements remotely.
- BDD scenarios: Specifying acceptance criteria with examples of behaviour.
- Full-cycle product development: Where BDD scenarios fit.
- Gherkin: how clear and concise scenarios can drive automated regression tests.
- How to make it work remotely: practical collaboration across multiple locations.
Get in touch
For a private, on-site course for your team get in touch now!
We employ a simple set of collaboration tools on our Behaviour Driven Development online training course based on Webex Training Centre and Realtime Board to allow delegates to attend the course in one of two ways:
- All course attendees connect individually from their home or office, with the trainer connecting from the Agility in Mind Studio.
- Attendees group together in person in two or more locations, and connect via webex to the other groups. The trainer may optionally attend in person at one location.
Alternative arrangements are limited only by your imagination – get in touch if you’d like to discuss your particular set of constraints.
Investing in People
Because teams require a long-term strategic investment in skills, knowledge, relationships and working practices, we explore some common patterns and anti-patterns, allowing time for delegates to discuss their current practices.
Without understanding the problem to be solved, teams will often lack focus and deliver the wrong thing. This effect is amplified when team members are distributed geographically, leading to mutual mistrust and poor performance. We explore some key techniques to establish a vision for the product or feature at hand, with discussion around keeping the whole team engaged with the business context.
Behaviour Driven Development
BDD is a tool that we use regularly with co-located and distributed teams alike to manage the full cycle of software product development. Based largely on our face-to-face BDD course, we will work on an example product allowing delegates to
- Practice collaborating for real on a sample product backlog using Webex video conferencing and Trello*.
- Understand BDD Scenarios and their use as a tool to support conversation.
- Explore the full possibilities of Gherkin formatted feature files.
- Get feedback on your existing setup from an experienced consultant.
* Alternatively, your own in-house tool may be used.
Clients that have attended our behaviour driven development online course have left the course with the following:
- Teams that don’t often get time to work as a whole group have a shared experience in collaborating remotely, so everyone understands the challenge in making it work.
- Business and IT professionals working remotely gain experience in effective communication so that requirements are understood before the work is started.
- Lastly, offshore teams have experimented with the tools they have available and left the course with better practices in place.