Once the team had been given the time to reset and regroup, they had a much clearer identity and felt empowered to make the changes they needed to deliver great software.
- They had a clearer vision and goals.
- They took time to model their process, analyse and improve it.
- They reconsidered and adapted roles.
- They took a fresh approach to dealing with dependencies and bugs.
- They reset their relationships with the Senior Leadership Team and took a firmer control over agreeing to meet imposed deadlines.
- They improved their negotiation skills.
The team set up an excellent show and tell to demonstrate their work and raise their profile. They are now back to developing and delivering product successfully and meeting tight deadlines – they are happier, too. The truth is, like most teams, they already had the skills to be great, they just needed to have them tweaked and developed so they could better apply them.
After 4 months there was a record 272million BBC iPlayer requests, a 70% increase year on year.